Thursday, July 29, 2010

This is the room for people who care

So, Rikki's been up in Minneapolis all week working at the home office. It's been really lonely. I went into super hermit mode last weekend and generally only left the house to buy food (and to see Inception. Go see it. It's great.). I finally got out of the house for a social reason Tuesday. I've mostly been reading, watching a lot of movies on Netflix instant watch, and doing odd jobs around the house. Oh, and I finished my summer class Tuesday. It had that rare combination of being easy and pretty interesting. An easy-A grad class is pretty rare, so I'll take it. The professor is tremendously lazy, but hey, whatever works. Two more classes to go. Computer Graphics and Geometric Modeling this fall, and either Cryptography of Distributed Systems in the spring, and then I will (finally) finish my Master's degree. This is taking longer than my undergrad did! Better late than never, eh?

For those of you who have not checked out A Softer World. It's pretty great. http://www.asofterworld.com/

The most recent one is fantastic.



Um, what else. I tried a mumblecore film (Hannah Takes the Stairs) and hated it. Oh well. Other things I have watched recently: The Girlfriend Experience (hated it), Jesus Camp (hated the people in it), No Impact Man (liked it), In The Realms of the Unreal (pretty fascinating), Dead Snow (really dumb). I'm averaging pretty poorly here.

I think that's really it for now. Rikki gets back Saturday afternoon, and I'm really glad for that. I hardly know what to do with myself.

1 comment:

Bridey said...

Hannah Takes the Stairs is a hard mumblecore movie to enjoy unless you are really into the genre. If you feel brave enough to try another one, try The Puffy Chair. It's by the Duplass Brothers -- a road trip movie with abounding hilarity and heart felt moments. It's really, really good!

Oh, and Jesus Camp is probably one of the scariest movies ever. Those people freak me out!