Saturday, September 10, 2011

KC trip

I just took a quick 1-day trip to KC. Friends were getting married and had their reception at Boulevard. It was really great to catch up with people, but the trip was far too short. I did manage to work in trips to Cancun Fiesta Fresh, Glace, and Chez Elle, and drove around most of the old haunts (Westport notwithstanding, due to the art fest). I flew in, and, for traveling alone, the MSP->KC direct flight is totally worth it. I probably would have spent as much in gas driving.

The really odd thing is that, this time, it doesn't feel like home anymore. The last visit, we had moved away more recently, and it felt like we were going home. This time, it definitively felt like I was visiting, and not that it was home. It was weird. I didn't expect that change to happen so quickly. It took years before Ames didn't feel like home anymore. KC felt like a strange place where I somehow knew how to get around. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but yeah. Very odd feeling.

Still, great visit.

No comments: